Wingspan offers many training/presentations to groups and businesses. As part of our outreach, we want to educate agencies, businesses, schools and interested groups on LGBT issues and equality.
Some of our presentations include:
- LGBT 101 – a primer course for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender definitions, vocabularies and what all the letters mean (queer, questioning, intersex, self-identified, two spirit, allied and others)
- Transgender 101- a presentation to explain distinctions between gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation and related terms such as cross dressing, boi, intersexed, and more.
- Anti-Violence Issues - a presentation to explain just what is violence and what are all the forms it takes. Explains resources for persons who have experienced abuse, discrimination, hate, or violence.
- Equality in the Work Place – a workshop to help employees and administrators understand work place rights based on gender and sexuality.
To schedule a presentation or find out more information, please contact the program directors in the following areas:
- Anti-Violence and LGBT basics: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transgender Issues and Work Place Equality: email@example.com
or call 520-624-1779